This weekend, ChiChi and I will be off to Turkey for some holiday time with our spouses sans the kids. This 'minimoon' of sorts is something we've been wanting to do for many years but have not had a chance to until now. We are also particularly excited about this trip because this will be our first-ever visit there. We will be visiting Istanbul and Cappadoccia in the central Anatolia region and we are really looking forward to experiencing the spectacular sights, the famous Turkish hospitality, the glorious food and the shopping, of course!
                 
Given my tendency to overpack, I always give myself a few days to put together the ideal packing list for a versatile and appropriate holiday wardrobe (gotta look good for 'em precious Kodak moments now). For me at least, it takes time to whittle down selections and edit stuff out. The good news this time around is that it’s going to be easier to pack a little lighter since we won’t be travelling with the little ones and all the paraphernalia that come with them. The not-so-good news is that for packrats like me old habits die hard, but I'm confident that there's hope for me yet. Whatever the case, the following items will definitely be coming with me to Turkey:

Hermes Evelyne GM - this cross-body bag is a relatively recent purchase, or rather, investment, and it is just perfect for sight-seeing trips: keeps the hands free, weighs practically next-to-nothing yet can hold everything including the kitchen sink with room to spare. Ok, so I may be exaggerating on the kitchen sink bit but you get the picture. Major love!

Brooks Brothers cashmere wrap - I've had this seasonless light-as-a-tissue cashmere wrap forever and I hardly ever leave home for my travels without it.  It accesorises outfits, acts as a warm blanket on the plane, takes hardly any space in the handbag and doesn't wrinkle! It's also gonna be useful as a headscarf when visiting the numerous houses of worship in Istanbul.

Tom Ford aviators - for when it's bright outside, baby!

Timberland Earthkeepers Maeslin wedges - I imagine we'll be exploring on foot a lot so this  weatherproof walking attire with  its leather uppers and lightweight wedges (style and height? check.), treaded rubber soles and anti-fatigue technology (support and comfort? check.) seems like a sensible choice for a sightseeing shoe. These wedges have been a part of my warm weather travel arsenal eversince I bought them. ChiChi's got a pair too! Btw, Timberland's Earthkeepers collection, which only recently made it to our shores, is an eco-friendly line where products are made with natural and recycled materials. Totally worth checking out your nearby Timberland outlet for.

...and last but not least, the Ipad - primarily for precious Facetime sessions with the kids.
 
Reese Witherspoon's casual style is my go-to for inspiration as I continue to deliberate on wardrobe choices for this trip. Her classic, practical and emulate-able chioces have given me plenty of great ideas: